Donelan Venus Roussanne Viognier 2015 750 ML
Donelan Venus Roussanne Viognier 2015 750 ML Donelan Venus Roussanne Viognier 2015 750 ML Donelan Venus Roussanne Viognier 2015 750 ML
$48.00

2015 produced a truly beautiful vintage for Roussanne, which makes up 97.5% of the Venus blend, while Viognier accounts for the remaining 2.5%. The fruit ripened slowly, which allowed for intense flavor development with a rather low potential alcohol. In fact, the Roussanne from Bennett Valley was the last to be picked in 2015, coming in 10 days after our last red grapes. As with the previous two vintages, the Roussanne is now sourced from two vineyards: Dry Stack Vineyard, which has been in the Donelan portfolio since our inception, and now the Vivio Vineyard, located across the street from Dry Stack. Although the distance between the vineyards is nominal, the two sites produce very different styles of Roussanne, which results in additional depth of character. Dry Stack makes up 60% of the Roussanne, and provides a full mid-palate with a flavor spectrum that hovers between beeswax, honeysuckle and Parmigiano-Reggiano. The Vivio Roussanne provides the remaining 40%, and contributes flavors of kumquat and white peach with a more delicate mouthfeel, freshness, and a linear finish.

2015 Donelan Venus
89 points, Robert Parker 
89 points, Antonio Galloni 
Size750 ML
Vintage2015
VarietalRoussanne (97.5%) Viognier (2.5%)
StateCalifornia
Alcohol %13.1
Production170 cases
Drink By3-7 years
Vineyard and TerroirOur Roussanne is sourced from both the Dry Stack (60%) and Vivio (40%) Vineyards, which are only a mile apart. Of the two, Vivio is higher in elevation in the Bennett Valley, while Dry Stack is rockier. Both vineyards are east-facing.
VinificationNative-yeast fermented in neutral puncheons, with 11 month élevage in 100% neutral French oak.
Aroma and PalateA wild array of aromas recalling beeswax, honeysuckle, kumquat, white peach and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Delicate mouthfeel with freshness and a linear finish.

Our goal is to process orders the same business day when received before 12 p.m. local time. Orders placed after 3 p.m. will be processed the following day.

All orders will ship Ground to Pennsylvania customers. Ground service includes delivery through Saturday.

The shipping rate will be based on the weight of the contents and the service selected for shipment. The rate for each selection will be reflected in your shopping cart and will update as items in the cart are added or removed.